The desire to change quickly and easily is inherent in many women. A few decades ago, in ladies' magazines, one could find the secrets of lightening and darkening curls using decoctions of herbs, infusions, and natural dyes. Modern women have much more options for changing hair color, and a huge number of shades are presented. One of the most gentle ways to change the color of hair is the use of shampoo shampoo.
Recently, complex staining is replaced by toning or a radical change in hair color. In both cases, the use of tinted shampoos is justified, because frequent experiments with paint quickly spoil the structure of curls, and different pigments are not always friendly, giving the hairstyle strange color shades. Trend lovers have already acquired fashionable tinting products and are happy to recommend them. The main advantages of tinted shampoo include the following:
- Coloring products from different manufacturers can be found in the line of professional products in beauty salons, and in ordinary stores for independent use. To carry out such staining at home is quite simple.
- The composition of tinted shampoos is diverse, they damage the hair less. Cheap samples can dry out strands with frequent use, this is offset by provitamins and special additives for shine and strength. The enriched composition is offered by professional and high-quality brands.
- If you didn’t like the shade, then to eliminate it does not require a lot of time, money and effort.
- Such a sparing option can tint and gray hair.
Dark-haired girls usually use tinted shampoos for tinting, because shallow staining is more effective for blondes. For those who lightened dark hair, yellowness remedies are useful: the blue pigment drowns out an unpleasant “chicken” shade, if after bleaching it was not possible to achieve a noble platinum blonde.
However, the tinting result is not always predictable: the strands can be colored unevenly, and the color intensity is difficult to adjust.
Tonics are considered to be soft coloring agents in comparison with hair dye, since they work only on the surface of the hair, without violating its structure. At the same time, it is difficult for them to change the color of curls without harm. Intensive tone changes are provided by tint balms based on ammonia and peroxide; nutrient components (proteins, plant extracts) help reduce harm.
There are more gentle options when instead of ammonia, milder oxidizing agents (citric acid) are used.
To natural dyes include tonics based on henna and basma - they give dense shades, but are not friendly with hair dyes, and the result is unpredictable. Therefore, it is better to use them in a natural color to obtain copper (compositions with henna) or a dark shade, at least 2 weeks should pass for re-staining. And for blond hair made from natural dyes, chamomile and cornflower-based products are very soft and almost harmless.
Potassium and sodium can be mentioned as undesirable components, but magnesium lauryl sulfate, on the contrary, will take care and give a healthy gloss.
Among the tinting agents there are many worthy brands for both professional use and home dyeing. Each of them has its fans and advantages. Consider the most popular brands:
- Estel - One of the affordable and popular professional brands offers a large selection of shades (18 options). The soft composition does not dry hair, keratins and herbal supplements look after the structure and carefully envelop it. At the same time, UV protection preserves color for a long time and protects from aggressive sun. Toning is resistant and high-quality, without unpleasant yellow or purple pigmentation.
A series of Solo Ton tonics does not spread, works without peroxide and ammonia and perfectly paints gray hair, withstands 7-20 rinses.
- Schwarzkopf - a brand with interesting offers for professional and home care for curls. The only negative is the uneconomical expense for long hair. Schwarzkopf has a special series for gray and fair hairBonacure", eliminating yellowness. It can be used for both cleansing and staining.
Professional series of products "Igora Expert Mousse" is suitable even for dark hair, used for tinting and dyeing.
- Hue Irida designed for natural blondes and bleached hair. Thanks to the soft natural composition, they do not spoil the hair, creating a colored film on the surface. A wide range of colors allows you to choose any shade (including fantasy and carnival). Budget and fairly persistent tool (up to 14 flushes).
The Classic series is also familiar to our mothers, the De Luxe line is enriched with caring additives for softness and healthy shine.
- L'oreal It offers a palette for different hair, while in its composition there are natural components that treat hair and gradually remove residual oxides. The color is pleasant, delicate or extravagant, without yellowness. The palette is suitable for graying ladies.
L'Oreal hue series can be used often, and the color lasts relatively shortly, and L'Oreal balms can be used to strengthen the strands and preserve the tone.
- Affordable Russian brand "Rokolor" offers 2 tinting series - balms “Tonic” and “Shine of color” shampoos. A palette of 10 colors helps tone dark hair, remove yellowness from bleached ones. Balms intensively stain curls, so they can withstand no more than 4 minutes. When applying, you need to be careful and accurate - the pigment leaves marks on any surface.
Rocolor does not last long on its hair and can dry out with frequent use.
- Wella tinting shampoos are presented in the series for self-applying "Color Recharge" and for Wella Lifetex salons. The first option involves maintaining pigments and preserving the shine of the hair, but does not give a radical change in color, the second is great for masters and includes shampoos and a mask for care and fixing color. At the same time, the curls themselves remain silky, do not deteriorate and retain a natural gloss.
- Shampoo to eliminate yellowness after lightening "Clairol Shimmer Lights"gives a cold shade, it is not too popular. Having a pungent odor, the product is used only for toning. It must first be whipped in a soft foam, and then applied to the hair. For a cold shine, a couple of minutes are enough to prevent the purple paint from eating into the structure.
If everything is done correctly, then the shampoo can be easily washed off, and the hair will become clean, light and shiny.
- Cutrin proposes to use shampoos and conditioners "Reflection Color" to give shine to the natural and brightened blonde. Natural components do not damage the texture and care for it, prolonging the color fastness. Hair becomes lively, shiny and obedient.
- Hue line "Life Color" by Kapous Professional based on fruit acids and protects hair from UV rays. Means are suitable for colored hair, do not damage the structure. The palette includes 6 popular shades that add depth and shine, organic accents.
The series gently cares for curls, so they can be used often, especially since a 4-time wash is enough to completely wash off.
- Another well-established brand, Concept, offers a “refreshing” Fresh Up Balsam line to give shade to natural and dyed hair. The composition includes natural ingredients, castor oil, so the hair does not lose smoothness, becomes shiny and voluminous. Balm paints over gray hair well, and if a less intense color is required, then the tonic can be mixed with other shampoo.
5 color options are easily adapted and emphasize the image - black, red, copper, chestnut and light brown.
Review of tint shampoo Concept See in the next video.
- The international company Faberlic also did not ignore the shampoo shades and released a series of "Krasa", softening locks, painting over gray hair. The color is bright enough and lasts a couple of months.
Review of tint shampoo Faberlic See the video below.
- Bonjour shampoos leave light shades on the hair, so they are advised to young fashionistas. The palette consists of 7 delicate flowers with mouth-watering names (pink marshmallows, ripe blackberries, etc.). Despite the presence of caring ingredients, Bonjour can dry out strands with frequent use.
- Silver silk saturated with natural ingredients (provitamins, cornflower extract), as well as panthenol, allantoin and UV protection. Therefore, the shampoo not only washes the yellow pigment, giving the desired elegant shade of the blonde to light and gray curls, but also fills the structure of bleached and damaged hair. As a result, the hair appears shiny and healthy.
- Professional Keune gives a beautiful lasting color, able to lighten strands. Therefore, it must be used very carefully, which is difficult to do at home.
- An interesting option for fair hair offers the brand Klorane. Hue products work because of henna, nettle and chamomile extract - natural components gently and carefully maintain a light or copper tone (depending on composition). Shampoo is suitable for frequent use, has a delicate aroma, is easily washed off.
- Fara Tinted Balm Enriched with Natural Ingredients (chestnut, chamomile, aloe vera, etc.), has good resistance (up to 6 rinses) and a nice color palette. However, it still dries hair, so it is not very suitable for frequent toning.
- Londa series is resistant - gives a bright shade in 20 minutesBetaine and natural ingredients soften the structure and protect it from overdrying.
- Bielita tinting products stains curls thanks to citric acid. The palette of 20 colors for any hair. At the same time, the composition is ready for use, economical, makes the hair silky. For an inexpensive tool, the result is wonderful!
Review for tinted balm Bielita See in the next video.
- Matrix Color Care helps to achieve a cold shade, well removes yellow and copper subtones. Helps to "cope" with gray and bleached hair, giving them a noble shine.
In this review, there were some of the most popular tonics, different in the country of production and price category. Therefore, any girl can choose high-quality and careful coloring. The main thing is to take into account your hair color.
How to choose
The natural shade or the one that you have now is the main factor for choosing a tint tool. A large selection of palettes from manufacturers is focused on light, blond and gray hair. You can experiment with any tone - from cold platinum and pearl blond to deep black.
It is important to understand that saturated dark pigment is poorly washed out, so it will be difficult to return to a natural wheat or flaxen color.
- For highlighted and lightened dark strands ugly yellow becomes a big problem. To neutralize it, there are many brands of tinted shampoos with blue and purple pigment, which give the curls a noble metallic shine. In the presence of gray hair, such balms also help to get a beautiful tone, because few products are able to paint over the gray-skin without yellowness.
- For dark hair picking a shampoo is difficult - the palette is usually limited to chocolate, black and reddish colors. Girls with pale and pinkish skin will suit any shades, while swarthy ones should choose warm, close to natural options. At the same time, products for brunettes and brown-haired women almost do not change color, but give a beautiful shade, highlights and accents.
- For red hair experiments with any shades are possible, provided that it is a natural color. If you tinted your hair with henna, it is better to wait 2-3 weeks when the dye is washed off. Otherwise, you risk becoming the owner of a strange and uneven color.
The color selection of tonics is quite wide. Moreover, in addition to natural shades, brands often offer very unusual solutions designed for a youth audience. They are also called carnival, because they are also chosen in order to complement a certain image with a bright or unexpected hair color (blue, purple). Such extraordinary paints quickly wash off, which is justified.
Recently, pink has become popular among shades - many stars have already tried it in their images (painted in whole or in part). This color looks good on light and highlighted hair. For blondes, coloring agents with an ashy shade, pearl, beige are also relevant, they help to give the noble radiance to the blonde and emphasize the natural shade of the skin and hair. For warm color types, beige is more relevant, for cold - ashen and pearls.
Some shampoos for toning blond hair already contain blue pigments to give a cold glow. If you overexpose it, then you can get a lilac and blue tint on bleached strands.
The extraordinary red color has many names (wine, titian, burgundy), it is bought by girls and ladies of Balzac age. If on blond hair it gives a clearer range, then dark hair gives a reddish glow. This is enough to refresh the style and add zest.
But with black pigment, not everything is simple: if it adds dark and brown tones to dark and brown hair, then a completely different shade may appear on bleached hair (if the dyes are not "friendly"). It will be difficult to achieve full coloring in the color of the raven’s wing; instead of radical transformation, you can get dirty stains and strange colors.
It is better to trust such tasks to professional shampoos for salons or to address to the hairdresser.
How to use
To dye your hair with tint shampoo, you need to carefully read the instructions for it: it is printed in the form of an annotation or indicated on the package. There are 2 applications - for dry and wet hair. When processing raw hair, the color penetrates a little deeper and lasts longer, so this method is recommended for gray strands and getting a saturated color.
The dry version may be suitable for short periods (for example, for a masquerade) or for hair that has undergone bleaching, highlighting or dyeing. It is believed that they have a porous structure, which means that the pigment in any case passes through the upper layers. In this case, the tonic is applied to clean, dry hair.
If your skin is allergic, then it is best to check the composition on the skin of the wrist, bend of the elbow or hand for 15 minutes. So you save yourself from unpleasant itching and skin irritation, which will face those who ignore the check. In addition, allergic reactions of the scalp can lead to fragility and loss, deterioration of hair growth due to impaired blood circulation.
Wear thin gloves before applying. In contact with the skin of the hands, the composition of the shampoo will leave “traces”. For the same reason, for any hair coloring, it is recommended to use a special or dark towel, because the paint can easily stain the laundry and not easily wash.If the composition is in a sachet and involves mixing, then for uniform application it is more convenient to use a special bowl, comb and brush for coloring.
At the first "acquaintance" with the tint tool, check its color on a separate strand (dry or wet) from the back of the head. Typically, for the manifestation of color, they withstand 5-15 minutes, for a brighter shade - 30-40. So you can evaluate the depth and saturation before dyeing the whole head. In this case, focus on the duration of staining recommended by the manufacturer. If left for a longer period, then you can dry your hair.
Wet application is recommended not on wet, but on slightly dried curls. If you use styling products, first rinse the strands with regular shampoo, and then squeeze out the excess water and dry it slightly with a towel. After that, use the composition for tinting, gently rinse off the remnants of the coloring agent after the required time.
Since the compositions often dry hair, after any tinting it is better to apply a balm, mask or conditioner according to the instructions.
To remove pigment from the hair, you need to rinse your head several times (from 3 to 8 rinses, depending on the resistance of the product). Keep in mind that washing off the tint balm from the hair is not easy after overexposure of the composition. For strong tonics, an emulsion or shampoos may be needed for enhanced cleansing. But the duration of staining directly depends on how often and how exactly you wash your hair.
Although there are decent specimens among domestic and budget funds, stylists are more friendly towards imported European brands. Due to more stringent certification, they do not use potassium and sodium, which are harmful not only to hair, but also to health in general. Good results can be obtained from non-professional means.
"Home" tinted shampoos are more comfortable when self-applied - they do not spread and less dirt on clothes and skin.
The concept of "best" in the tint means is relative, many brands are focused on the original hair color. However, in order not to spoil the hair, you need to look at the composition. Extracts of cornflower, betaine and proteins, keratin molecules give a soft coloring - they will make the hair shiny and smooth, improving the appearance of even damaged and pre-painted curls.