Egg face mask
An egg face mask is familiar to many women who, in the conditions of a dynamic rhythm of life and lack of time, want to remain well-groomed and beautiful. This natural product is suitable for skin care of any type, solves many cosmetic problems and costs several times cheaper than products of famous brands. Its leaving, medical and cosmetic properties are explained by a unique composition, maximally saturated with useful natural substances.
The key to the effective action of cosmetics is in the composition of the substances used.
By the number of elements needed by the skin and their concentration, the egg occupies a leading position in the list of products used in home cosmetics.
In this case, both yolk and protein parts are equally useful.
This small component of the egg accounts for up to 80% of the beneficial components. As part of face masks, it is indispensable because of its nutrients:
- Vitamin A or Retinol. It has a pronounced effect on the skin, healing traces of acne, acne, acne at any age; It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects. Retinol is also available to solve many problems with appearance: wrinkles, age spots, rosacea, clogged pores, wilting, skin fatigue, dryness, loss of elasticity. Promotes rejuvenation, accelerates the appearance of results when using assistive devices.
- Vitamin E or Tocopherol. As part of the egg yolk, it is useful for aging and dry skin and It works in several directions at once:
- Rejuvenates. Cells are regenerated, tissues are tightened, blood circulation and color are improved, wrinkles are smoothed, tone is increased, aging is slowed down;
- Soothes. It acts as an antidepressant for the skin: a blush appears, the walls of the membranes strengthen, the tired look of the skin is replaced by fresh and rested;
- Removes toxins and protects cells;
- Heals inflammations, acne, rash, reveals black spots:
- Whitens and evens out skin tone;
- Treats. It is a good prevention of skin diseases; relieves itching, rash, redness, peeling, allergic reactions;
- Vitamin PP or Niacin. This substance is one of the most important in the structure of enzymes that provide cellular respiration. It practically does not enter the body with food, so the skin begins to "suffocate" and gets old earlier. Masks with a "nicotine" dilate blood vessels, improving blood circulation, normalize the blood supply to the epidermis and provide an outflow of excess fluid from the tissue. As a result, the skin remains young longer and less prone to edema;
- Vitamin D. It is designed to prolong the youthfulness of epidermal cells and significantly slow down the aging process of the skin;
- B vitamins. It is extremely important for the female body. The lack of vitamins of this group leads to the appearance of dermatitis, early wrinkles, defenselessness of the skin before the influence of negative environmental factors; complexion becomes pale, with an "earthy" hue.
- As part of the egg yolk play an especially important role B12, Folic Acid or Vitamin B9, which is necessary in the fight against skin imperfections and is actively involved in cell renewal.
- No less useful AT 4 also known as choline. It performs the essential function of a “building material” for cell walls and membranes. The lack of vitamin B4 makes the cells brittle and dehydrated, the skin loses its elasticity, it quickly becomes wrinkled, the clarity of the oval of the face is lost;
- Potassium. This beneficial mineral is responsible for the water balance of cell membranes. Its disadvantage is one of the main causes of dryness and peeling;
- Calcium. It is necessary for the skin as well as for nails and hair, since it is an integral part of their structure;
- Iron. It is necessary for the skin of the face for normal oxygen exchange of epidermal cells. Iron deficiency leads to a lack of oxygen, and this negatively affects the youth and elasticity of the skin;
- Phosphorus. Protects the skin from hypersensitivity;
- Melatonin. Active participant in cell renewal at night. This "sleep hormone" helps restore old cells, promotes the "construction" of new ones, fights wrinkles and age-related pigmentation;
- In less quantity present: beta-carotene, biotin, selenium.
Despite the fact that it contains 4 times less nutrients than the yolk, it consists of 90% waternecessary for cells, and the composition of the protein is rich and beneficial for the skin. It includes:
- Amino acids;
- Enzymeshaving bactericidal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties;
- Vitamins: retinol, tocopherols, D, group B;
- Minerals: sulfur, iodine, zinc, selenium, calcium and potassium, phosphorus, iron.
This is a natural format. "2 products in one bottle"where the components do not argue, but have a complementary effect, enhancing each other’s effectiveness.
In home cosmetology, the use is widespread chicken and quail eggs.
A chicken egg is more suitable for use in masks because of its size, a quail egg contains more useful trace elements, but for masks they need at least two.
Due to its rich composition and convenient consistency, eggs are an indispensable ingredient in homemade cosmetics recipes for the face and neck. It is difficult to overestimate their benefits, because egg masks can rejuvenate the skin, slow down aging, clean the problematic dermis, tighten the aging, and maintain a healthy normal state.
Indications for use
You can consider both the whole egg and its components separately.
Egg yolk is needed for:
- Dry, flaky skin. It compensates for the deficiency of nutrients in the dermis, controls the level of moisture, tones and softens. As a result of a course of several procedures, the skin becomes soft, silky and moisturized;
- Prevent age-related changes. The yolk contains powerful antioxidants that slow down the aging process of the skin, fight the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of skin aging;
- Aging Prevention. It's no secret that it’s easier to prevent a problem than trying to fix it. Egg masks will be useful for maintaining youthful skin from 25 years;
- Complexion correction. Thanks to vitamin D, the yolk improves the color of pale and earthy skin. The tone becomes smooth, radiant, healthy.
Egg white is indicated:
- Oily skin. Its drying and antibacterial properties have an excellent effect on the skin, prone to increased sebum secretion. Protein removes an ugly oily sheen, tightens pores, making the skin smooth and matte, relieves blackheads, acne and inflammation;
- Problematic. Protein is a natural antiseptic that gently cares for skin prone to manifest imperfections in the form of acne, acne and other consequences of the malfunctioning of the glands. It dries problem areas and has regenerating properties, thanks to this acne disappears faster, without leaving scars and spots on the skin;
- Atonic saggy skin. Protein - a tool with a persistent lifting effect for aging skin.
Whatever the natural product, there is always a risk that it can become an allergen or harm if used improperly.
An egg in home recipes is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Individual intolerance. The composition of the protein part of the egg, in which the substance conalbumin is present, can cause allergic reactions. There is a risk of negative effects of other elements on organisms with features of the immune system;
- Any damage to the skin: recent scars, scratches, wounds, fresh piercings and others;
- Severe manifestations of rosacea;
- Inflamed skin;
- Tumors of various origins;
- Thick facial hair.
Rules for preparation and use
Elementary rules of use apply even to such a simple and harmless product as an egg mask. In order to fully appreciate the unsurpassed effect that egg cosmetics promises, you need to consider some nuances.
- First of all, it is important to remember that only fresh products are suitable for use.are best village or farm. You can’t make a mask out of eggs that are stuck in the fridge for reasons that they are no longer suitable for food, but it’s a pity to throw them away. There is a big risk instead of smooth and radiant skin to get inflammation, which will be difficult to cure in one day.
It follows from the same rule that the shelf life of egg masks is limited. Use it immediately after cooking. If the resulting mixture is not used up completely, it is better to discard it and do it next time than store it in the refrigerator until better times.
- It is important to consider contraindications. Not always the absence of an allergy to a food product guarantees a harmless effect when applied externally.
It is recommended that you test any component of the egg mask before use on a small area of the skin. The wrist or bend of the elbow will do. If within half an hour redness or itching does not appear, the mask can be applied to the face.
- It is also worth following the recipe. An egg mask will provide the maximum effect if you make it, following the instructions exactly. However, it should be borne in mind that the egg itself has a limited range of effects on the face. Select additional ingredients based on the type of skin and the desired result.
The procedure for applying and washing off the mask also requires compliance with certain rules.
Distribute the product should be in areas that require care, with gentle finger movements or with a dense brush to apply the tonal tool. Rinse off the mask with a little warm water, because it can curl up from hot proteins, and this is not a very pleasant sensation for the skin.
The best recipes at home
There are a lot of effective combinations of products, but there are those that have proven themselves better than others.
The banana pulp is rich in a small, but very effective set of nutrients. Their concentration is many times higher than in other fruits, so the banana is so effective in the composition of home cosmetics. The most important thing is to choose the right fruit. It is undesirable to use one that is overripe or immature. A bright, soft fruit is best suited, from which it is easy to obtain a homogeneous mass.
A banana-egg mask nourishes the skin with vitamins, provides the skin with a firming and rejuvenating effect, and improves cellular respiration.
Starch masks give incredible results. Because of their high efficiency, they are often compared with salon procedures, and in combination with an egg they suggest using them instead of Botox.
Egg masks with starch are good due to the similar composition of the products. Together, their useful elements look after dry skin, prone to peeling and redness, energize cells, rejuvenate and renew them, build a protective barrier that improves tone and protects it from damage, smooth out wrinkles. Egg-starch masks are also an effective remedy for oily, problem skin and mixed type. This absorbent removes greasy, cleanses, softens, protects and nourishes. It can be used in the care of mature, acne-prone skin.
With dairy products
Raw egg masks with the addition of natural dairy products are very popular:
- With sour cream. Sour cream often acts as an additional ingredient in nourishing and moisturizing masks with the addition of oils or fruits. It whitens the skin and gives the mixture the necessary creamy consistency.
This product can be replaced with a similar mayonnaise;
- With cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is a unique product for beauty. With it, you can prepare nutritious mixtures, refreshing, giving hydration, softening, whitening effect, tonic and vitamin mixtures. It is applicable to many skin types and goes well with other products, including eggs.
Egg curd masks may also include honey, other dairy products, oils;
- With milk. Milk-based egg masks are a salvation for dry and aging skin. Greasy will fit sour milk, kefir or yogurt;
- With natural yogurt. The effect is almost identical to mixtures with sour cream, but natural yogurt contains more beneficial bacteria and a lower percentage of fat content.
A mixture of protein and cosmetic clay, for example, blue or white, is used to care for oily and problem skin. It dries, normalizes the sebaceous glands, mattifies, removes shine, deeply cleanses the pores.
Citrus fruits give a wonderful whitening effect in the composition of home masks. In addition, they are rich in vitamin C, and this is a multifunctional element in the service of female beauty. Ascorbic acid works on the skin tone and its resistance to the negative effects of environmental factors, regenerates damaged skin cells, evens out skin tone, prevents aging, improves tissue elasticity, works as a catalyst in peeling and scrubs, for example, with the addition of sugar.
Protein mask film
Effectively fights black dots. Convenient in that for cooking you need only protein and a thin paper towel.
For dry skin
For problems with dryness, peeling, heterogeneous skin texture moisturizing masks are shown. The best products that give the cells the necessary moisture are considered fruits, vegetables, vegetable oils, animal products.
Effective is a mask of egg yolk and avocado. A creamy mixture of one yolk and a quarter of avocado will soften and moisturize the skin, and nutrients with good penetrating properties have a beneficial effect on the depths of the epidermis layers. To achieve the result, it is enough to keep the mask for up to 20 minutes.
Useful formulations with olive, pumpkin, sour cream.
Base masks for this type are made on the basis of egg white.
A mixture of one whipped protein and the juice of a quarter of a small lemon dries and tightens the pores, cleanses and removes shine. Apply the mass with your fingers or a dense brush, wash off after a quarter of an hour.
Even healthy and non-problematic skin needs care so that it stays young and beautiful longer. In the care of normal skin, masks that stimulate collagen production, nourish the deeper layers of the skin, and moisturize the epidermis are useful.
Egg mask with addition gelatin, which contains a large amount of valuable collagen, has a restorative and anti-aging effect. A properly prepared mixture also deeply cleanses the pores and smoothes expression lines.
Preparation of a cosmetic mixture begins with the dissolution of gelatin. A teaspoon of dry matter must be poured filtered water in a ratio of 1 to 8. Next, the gelatin gruel is placed in a water bath in a small bowl, constantly stirred until completely dissolved. Carefully interfere in a slightly warm gelatinous substance. yolk one chicken or three quail eggs, add a tablespoon base oil to choose from. Oils are considered universal olive, peach, almond.
Before applying the mask, it is recommended to remove makeup and thoroughly cleanse the skin of the face.
The egg-gelatin mass is applied to the face for 25-30 minutes, removed with a swab or a cotton pad soaked in warm water. It is useful to replace the water with herbal decoction, for example, pharmacy chamomile.
Another option for normal skin masks is egg with addition mashed potatoes and honey.
For cleaning pores
An egg white mask for deep cleansing of pores conquers most of those who at least once tried it on themselves. This simple film mask requires only one ingredient - beaten egg white. In addition, you need a brush for powder and several thin strips of napkins, repeating the shape of the nose, forehead and other problem areas. An ordinary dining room or single-layer paper scarves will do.
Before the procedure, the face should be cleaned, you can steam the skin a little for the best result. Then with a convenient brush you need to distribute thoroughly whipped protein over the problem areas. A thin layer is enough, it will also cope with the task. After still wet skin, after the protein, napkins are glued that fit the parts of the face in shape. If the paper layer is too thin, you can wait until the protein dries, apply a second layer directly on top of the napkin and glue it again with paper fragments. After that, let the mask dry well.
After half an hour, when the protein dries, the resulting crust is torn off the skin with a sharp movement. To avoid too painful sensations, you should avoid areas with abundant hair. The remaining protein is washed off with warm water.
If desired, you can apply the nutritious yolk remaining from the egg and rinse after 10 minutes.
Prepared with a delicious ingredient - cinnamon. For its preparation, the whole egg is used. Beat the yolk and protein thoroughly with a fork or whisk, add ground cinnamon in the amount of one dessert spoon. For dry skin, you can add a little base oil. The mask should be exposed for 20-25 minutes, then rinse with not hot water.
Lifting Effect - mixture property egg white and banana pulp.
For one egg yolk, you need the pulp of half a ripe fruit, crushed in a puree with a blender. Both ingredients are thoroughly mixed until smooth in a glass bowl, applied by massage movements to problem areas for a quarter of an hour, washed off with warm water.
Suitable for aging skin, correction of the “floating” oval of the face, elimination of wrinkles.
By season, you can pick a banana fruit alternative. It can be replaced persimmon, avocado paste, melon.
Problem skin is very moody in leaving, but the mask from the egg can and should be used to get rid of acne and ugly rashes. It is prepared quickly and simply, and the products can be found in almost any refrigerator.
Oily skin shown egg white, therefore, first of all, you need to separate it from the yolk. Don't throw it away eggshell. It must be crushed in a blender into a powder with a couple of spoons oatmeal and add a pinch of the resulting powder into a thoroughly whipped protein. Protein-powder mixture to fill 10 g natural cottage cheeseadd a spoon to it olive or other base oil. The mask is not applied in a thick layer on the face for 20 minutes, washed off with a little warm water.
After several applications, the result will be noticeable - acne will recede, and the skin will become smooth and clean.
Despite the abundance of cosmetics with a miraculous effect, folk recipes constitute a healthy competition for the finished products of famous brands. Many women adopt home-made cosmetics, and this is not surprising, because it is not difficult to prepare a cosmetic mixture, and in most cases it is also budgetary.
Egg masks are very popular. Those who tested this tool on themselves are unanimous in their opinions - it works flawlessly. Thanks to this, egg masks are widespread and the love of millions of women.
Means based on chicken and quail eggs are praised for the lack of scarce ingredients in recipes, availability, ease of preparation. In addition, the egg, a non-waste product in cosmetology, can even be used in masks in the form of powder eggshells.
Separately, it is worth noting the praises of the nutritional and anti-aging properties, the lifting effect, the 100% result of the mask film from black dots of egg white and a paper base.
Further on the video - a method of applying a cleansing mask of protein.